Re: lynx-dev 50 Lines in Windows 95

From: Michael Warner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 50 Lines in Windows 95
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 18:04:52 -0700

On Tue, Jun 16, 1998, Al Gilman <address@hidden> wrote:

> I can get 50 line display with the way Lynx is installed on my
> Win95 system.
>
> I have a desktop icon for Lynx that I believe I generated by
> selecting LYNX.BAT and then using the "send: to desktop as
> shortcut" command.  Probably this was done under Explorer.  The
> "program" entry in the properties for this desktop item is the
> lynx.bat file.

        [...]

> There may be other ways to set this that are less dependent on
> using the GUI, but Win95 clearly does support 50 line operation.

Another variation - I've got a fairly old version of lynx
(2.7.1ac-0.81) that probably predates my switch-over from
WFW 3.1 to W95.  For whatever reason, the shortcut command
line is c:\windows\system\conagent.exe instead of a
lynx.bat.  I struggled several times to get the dos window
to use the 50-line setting, but my efforts were completely
ignored.  Just now, I used the
explorer->conagent.exe->file->properties route, and !!! it
worked !!!  My Windows knowledge is even more sketchy than
my unix skills, so I have no idea what conagent.exe is or
why it's used (I don't remember ever seeing it mentioned on
the list), but maybe this will help someone else.

I may even use the PC version occasionally, now!

--
Michael Warner
<address@hidden>