Re: lynx-dev installing lynx 2.8

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: Re: lynx-dev installing lynx 2.8
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 06:47:48 -0400

From: Toney Sisk <address@hidden>

> Hello. I want to install Lynx 2.8, but all I'm finding are source files at
> various distribution points. Where can I get compiled installation files for
> easy installing?

When you follow the install instructions, you find that the process of
configure, make , and then make install creates the compiled installation
files for easy installation.

If however you do not wish to compile lynx yourself, then you need to look
at either the various binary variations listed at http://lynx.browser.org/
or on archives dedicated to your machine and operating system to find
the right combination of operating system version , hardware, networking ,etc.
that you need.