Re: lynx-dev lynx_386 install ?

From: Lloyd G. Rasmussen
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx_386 install ?
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 98 09:50:45 EDT

That sounds like an older version of Lynx.  The latest I have been
using is 2.8.1 Release 4, available at www.fdisk.com
  Do you have a DPMI (DOS Protected Mode Interface) server loading
before Lynx starts?  Here at work I am running QEMM, so it comes as
part of the QEMM process.  At home I have used CWSDPMI, a freeware
DPMI provider which is also pointed to from the Fdisk web page.

Hope this helps.  I use Lynx/386 with a screen reading program and
speech synthesizer.

On Thu, 18 Jun 1998 22:00:54 -0400 (EDT),
Guy R. Robert  <address@hidden> wrote:

>Hello Lynx group,
>
>I am trying to use a 386 PC with a CGA screen in DOS to access Internet. At
>this time I have been successfull in installing and using the Pegasus Mail
>program with pppshare. I am now trying to install the lynx_386.zip file on
>this machine but without the same success. The following represent the
>various files that I have configured for local browsing for the moment.
>
>lynx.bat
>
>set home=c:\internet\lynx
>set temp=c:\temp
>set lynx_cfg=c:\internet\lynx\lynx.cfg
>set watconf=c:\internet\lynx
>c:\internet\lynx\nullpkt 0x60
>c:\internet\lynx\lynx.exe -localhost
>
>__________
>
>wattcp.cfg
>
>ppp=1
>my_ip=000.000.000.000
>netmask=000.000.000.0
>nameserver=204.101.251.1
>nameserver=204.101.251.2
>gateway=000.000.000.000
>domainslist="sympatico.ca"
>
>sockdelay=60
>domainto=120
>mss=1536
>
>helo=on
>
>mailserver=smtp1.sympatico.ca
>
>address@hidden
>

>Note: The ip addresses above are zeros since when I use pppshare, those
>values are updated. So I did not change them for this wattcp.cfg file.
>________________________
>
>lynx.cfg
>
>startfile:file://c:/internet/lynx/samples/dos.htm
>helpfile:file://c:/internet/lynx/help/lynx_hel.htm
>default_index_file:c:/internet/sample/bookmark.htm
>use_mouse:true
>set_cookies:false
>default_bookmark_file:lynxbook.htm
>printer:epson sur laser:lpt2
>minimal_comments:true
>
>______________________
>
>I have also copied cp.exe in one of the directories that exists in my path.
>______________________
>
>The error message that I get is the following:
>
>Exiting due to signal SIGSEGV
>Page fault at eip=000403e4, error=0004
>eax=00158ee8 ebx=00000000 ecx=0015c28f edx=00000001 esi=0015c260 edi=00158ee3
>ebp=00158c8c esp=00158c80 cs=00a7 ds=00af es=00af fs=008f gs=00bf ss=00af
>Call frame traceback EIPs;
>0x000403e4
>0x000431ba
>0x000200d2
>0x000c70cb
>
>Would anybody have any suggestions on what do look for next???
>
>Thank you,
>
>Future Lynx user.
>
>Guy Robert

-- Lloyd Rasmussen
Senior Staff Engineer, Engineering Section
National Library Service for the  Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress          202-707-0535
(work)       address@hidden    http://www.loc.gov/nls/
(home) address@hidden http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/lras/