Re: lynx-dev Lynx colours

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx colours
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 16:37:01 -0400 (EDT)

> > > Do I need NC-EMX-M.ZIP for this? I only downloaded the binaries the
> > I don't remember (my connection to arraris is always very slow, so I don't
> > go there often).
>
> I just tried retreiving this file but got 'Pagina no encontrada'
( I guess that means 'very slow' ;-)

> > But I built my own binaries using the autoconf patch
> > which I derived from that source, and the ncurses 4.2 -- both under my
> > webpage.
>
> That's a 6MB monstar (uncompressed...)!  There's no way I'll be able
> to find my way round that this millenium :-). I haven't even worked
> how to successfully format man pages yet with GROFF, and there doesn't
> seem to be a readme.os2 which might give me a fighting chance...
terminfo's manpage is a little large or I'd email one to the list.
but look at
        include/Caps
        man/terminfo.head
        man/terminfo.tail
(just ignore the troff stuff)

> > > other day from address@hidden with the intention of trying to building
> > > Lynx 2.8.2. I hope I got the correct version, there seem to be so many
> > > version of curses around.
> > that happens - it's been in development for several years.
> >
> > > Don't suppose the 2.8.2 binaries for OS/2 are available anywhere on
> > > the Net yet...
> > which one is 2.8.2?  (I've been working toward 2.8.1, but am not
> > pushing for
>
> oops, I thought that was the current release.
no - I've been making patches named 2.8.1dev.XXX which should complete with
a new series 2.8.1rev.XXX (it's a compromise with the PRCS version numbering).

> > a new release until I am also able to build the win32 version)
>
> Should I be able to build the OS/2 version of 2.8.1 from the sources
> currently available?
yes - I built with a recent version using ncurses (don't try the termcap
library ;-).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden