Re: lynx-dev 4 suggestions

From: Mark Mentovai
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 4 suggestions
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 19:54:24 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 23 Jun 1998, Axel Boldt wrote:

> * many pages have a bunch of irrelevant links in the first lines. To
>   go to the important links, one has to hit [Down] many times. I'd
>   like [Shift] [Down] to always jump to the first link of the next
>   line, or alternatively to skip two links.

Shift-arrows would be hard (as in impossible) to implement - no cell-based
terminal emulation system I've ever seen passes the the shiftedness of an
arrow key.  However, Lynx already has the less-than and greater-than keys,
by default, are mapped, respectively, to UP_LINK and DOWN_LINK.  These
functions move you up one line and down one line.  Once I discovered these
commands, I began using them all the time - this may be one of the
simplest yet unnoticed power features of Lynx.

-Mox

--
Mark Mentovai
address@hidden