Re: lynx-dev 4 suggestions

From: Jacob Poon
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 4 suggestions
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 20:58:12 -0400

On Tue, 23 Jun 1998, Mark Mentovai wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Jun 1998, Axel Boldt wrote:
>
> Shift-arrows would be hard (as in impossible) to implement - no cell-based
> terminal emulation system I've ever seen passes the the shiftedness of an
> arrow key.  However, Lynx already has the less-than and greater-than keys,
> by default, are mapped, respectively, to UP_LINK and DOWN_LINK.  These
> functions move you up one line and down one line.  Once I discovered these
> commands, I began using them all the time - this may be one of the
> simplest yet unnoticed power features of Lynx.
>
> -Mox

Didn't PC Board, Opus, RIPTerm, and many other modem-based BBS terminal
software support something called doorway mode?  AFAIK doorway mode allow
passing (platform dependent) keyboard scan codes to the servers, including
shift states.  Therefore it is not impossible to implement, but it is only
impossible to implement without assuming users' platforms. :)