Re: lynx-dev LYNX BugReport

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX BugReport
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 21:16:09 -0400 (EDT)

980623 William Teagardin wrote:
> Dear Bug Catcher, This is my third and last attempt
> to report an error in the LYNX code.

well first, lynx-dev is an international community of volunteers,
& second, you should be prepared to check a bit further
to ensure you are sending bug reports to the right place.

> Sorry, you have encountered a bug in Lynx Ver. 2.3.7 BETA

2-3-7 predates the Flood (a few milliseconds after the Big Bang, probably).
the latest version of Lynx is 2-8, from  www.slcc.edu/lynx/release/ .
you can compile it yourself if you have access to a supported system
-- UNIX VMS DOS Win32 OS/2 Mac -- , but you should bug your ISP
to upgrade his hopelessly out-of-date service.
the starting-place for all Lynx information today is  lynx.browser.org/ .
if you still have problems after following up that far, ask again here.