lynx-dev "Looking up ... "

From: Philip Webb
Subject: lynx-dev "Looking up ... "
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 22:34:09 -0400 (EDT)

a long-standing query/grumble about Lynx behaviour is hitting me
more severely tonight: it's taking ages while Lynx tells me
"Looking up  www.ft.com/ "  & other URLs.  presumably, someone somewhere
is using summer slack time to do some repair on some node/server.

my long-felt desire is to have Lynx cache IP addresses it has looked up:
eg during my daily reading of the vast Financial Times site
not infrequently Lynx will stop while it performs as above,
despite the fact that it has been visiting  www.ft.com/  for  >= 1 hr .
surely it would be easy for IP addresses to be saved once obtained
& endure thro'out any Lynx session?

how many other users agree with me?
do any of the code-writers have any comments on ease/difficulty?
where should i start looking in the source, if i were to have a go myself?