Re: lynx-dev "Looking up ... "

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev "Looking up ... "
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 04:41:54 -0400 (EDT)

further investigation reveals that using the sysadmin's Lynx 2-6
every URL request is preceded by an equally long wait
while "Looking up  webcache.chass.utoronto.ca:3128 ";
there is a wait of the same length while my system password is checked.
this is new tonight & obviously a local problem likely to be solved soon
& of little interest for lynx-dev.

however, it does raise another question from me:
is there a means for me to access the  webcache  using my own Lynx 2-8
& if so, might i find that it saves me time usually (not tonight)?