lynx-dev lynx386 and ISB

From: Klaus Peter Wegge
Subject: lynx-dev lynx386 and ISB
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 16:54:51 +0200 (MET DST)

I just build up an small LAN (5 machines) which use different
operatingsystems: win95, NT linux, solaris.
This LAN is connected on demand automatically to the Internet
via an ordanenary PPP dial-in of a local ISP.
This is done by the Internet SwitchBox Nexland ISB100, which
does the IP-masquerating and serves as a gateway.
It dials in, if some machine addresse an IP outside the LAN,
hangsup when no traffic for some time and redials...
In my configuration, the machines in the LAN have fix IP's.
It works very fine with the usual networking software of windowsxxx,
Linux ...
The only problem occurs with lynx386 compiled with DJGPP. I tested
several versions form 2.7.xxx upto the current sources.

And this is the probelm:
Starting lynx with a startpage outside is successful:
The ppp-connection is started and browsing the world is no problem.
Waiting some time (teatime) the ppp conection is closed.
Selecting a link which needs again internetaccess,
no redial is done.
"looking up ...." is the message.
Typing in a URL like:
telnet://xxx.jjj.kkk.lll
leads to an redial, but lynx never finds the nameserver again.

Now I'm tracing and debugging the problem.
Of course, I.m not sure this is a problem of lynx or the ISB100!

Any ideas on this list?

Thanks

Klaus-Peter

BTW.:
Has someone figured out how to run lynx386 in a DHCP LAN?