Re: lynx-dev NEEDED EASY (for someone) FEATURE: control-W

From: Michael Warner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev NEEDED EASY (for someone) FEATURE: control-W
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 16:59:59 -0700

On Thu, Jun 25, 1998, David Henderson <address@hidden> wrote:

> > It would be nice if control-W backed-up one "word"
> > (set of chars delimited by white-space).
>
> Actually, ^B does this, and ^F deletes forward one word if you're in the
> middle of a line.
>
> Interestingly enough, these emacs-esque commands are enabled even when I
> have emacs keys turned off and vi keys turned on.  For real vi support
> in form elements, though, you'd have to have modes and repeat commands,
> so I guess it's best that at least these emacs keys work as "expected".

There's two different sets of bindings involved.  The
"emacs-esque" ones are the line-edit bindings for use on the
command line and in text-entry fields.  They're compiled in,
but customizable by editing source code.  All but one seem to
work as advertised for me - ^R deletes the current char
instead of the next char, if I remember right.

The vi/emacs on/off bindings are just applied to screen
navigation - link to link, page to page.

--
Michael Warner
<address@hidden>