Re: lynx-dev temporary files

From: John Poltorak
Subject: Re: lynx-dev temporary files
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 98 10:36:32 +0000

> > > or perhaps it was built from (I forget - dev.13?) the version where
> > > I had broken the code that removes temporary files.  afaik dev.16 is
> > > ok though.
> >
> > Just in case LYNX does not delete temporary files, is there a filename
> > template I can use to identify them for deletion during my normal
> > daily housekeeping?
> Lynx uses three file-suffixes (.txt, .bin and .html (or .html)).  You could
> do
>       erase l*.txt
>       erase l*.bin
>       erase l*.htm

OK, I'll add these filenames to my daily tidy up routine and delete
them from %TMP% when they are a week old. Actually, they all start
l*tmp. which makes them a bit easier to identify.

> since the 'l' is part of the prefix.
>
> 27000 is a lot of temporary files (sorry).

There was probably some freak scenario which caused this to
happen. Anyway I don't think there has been as many 10 tmp files in
existance since.

--
John