Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8 - VMS build problems (long)

From: Liam Davis
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8 - VMS build problems (long)
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 14:46:48 +0100

To follow up my previous posting, I find that I sent the wrong
difference listing for BUILD.COM. Sorry about that.

The extra change is in the definition of the /Include (at line 199 in
the original file).

Also, I have tested the build on VAX C 3.2-044 (VMS 5.5); this needs the
updated DESCRIP.MMS file in the top-level and VMS directories (but not
the updated DESCRIP.MMS in SRC, nor the extra /include in BUILD.COM). I
have not yet tried rebuilding with the DEC-C versions, but the extra
paths should not cause a problem.

In article <address@hidden>, Liam Davis
<address@hidden> writes
>I have recently acquired Lynx 2.8 and built it on OpenVMS 6.2 (Alpha) using
>DECC
>V5.7
>
>There were some problems with the build and MMS files, which are listed below,
>along with
>suggested solutions in the form of difference listings.
>
>[I have removed the common context lines, and editted the line number prefix
>fields in some
>cases to remove extra spaces in order to reduce the line length.]
>
>BUILD.COM
>---------
>The main BUILD.COM command file could be improved to handle invalid input
>better; for example
>it does not detect if the user types a number out of range, nor does it detect
>an invalid
>parameter.
>
>The following difference listing includes both:
>- detection of invalid parameter P1
>- default batch with no parameter = MULTINET
>- check that TCP/IP agent is valid

- add extra /INCLUDE path to give access to headers in SRC.DIR

************
File DISK09:[LYNX.LYNX2-8]BUILD1.COM;7
   89   $ if agent .eq. 1 .or. agent .eqs. "" .or. p1 .eqs. "" .or. p1
.eqs. "MULTINET" then -
******
File DISK09:[LYNX.LYNX2-8]BUILD.COM;1
   89   $ if agent .eq. 1 .or. agent .eqs. "" .or. p1 .eqs. "MULTINET"
then -
************
************
File DISK09:[LYNX.LYNX2-8]BUILD1.COM;7
   97   $ if option .eqs. ""
   98   $ then
   99   $    write sys$output "TCP/IP agent could not be determined"
  100   $    exit 18
  101   $ endif
  102   $
  103   $ if option .eqs. "TCPWARE"
******
File DISK09:[LYNX.LYNX2-8]BUILD.COM;1
   97   $ if option .eqs. "TCPWARE"
************
************
File DISK09:[LYNX.LYNX2-8]BUILD1.COM;7
205   /INCLUDE=([-.src],[-],[-.WWW.Library.Implementation],[.chrtrans])
******
File DISK09:[LYNX.LYNX2-8]BUILD.COM;1
199   /INCLUDE=([-],[-.WWW.Library.Implementation],[.chrtrans])

Number of difference sections found: 3
Number of difference records found: 8

DIFF/IGNORE=()/MERGED=1/OUTPUT=DISK09:[LYNX.LYNX2-8]BUILD1.DIFF;1-
--
Liam Davis
address@hidden