Re: lynx-dev How to perform form submit and post the form data in the co

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev How to perform form submit and post the form data in the command line?
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 08:23:16 +0100 (BST)

> Currently I work on a project in which a WWW query from Unix command =
                                                                       ^
                       Note this is a line continuation marker so this was
                       one long line, NOT a wrapped paragraph.

> line may help automatize the whole processing. Does any one know how to =
> write a single command line and perform form submission via the POST =
> method? Thanks a lot.

lynx -help reveals the following option:

    -post_data       user data for post forms, read from stdin,
                     terminated by '---' on a line

One would expect it to be urlencoded, e.g. key=value, & between key value
pairs, + instead of space, and other problem characters replaced by %hh,
where hh is the hexadecimal value of the character code.

> Yen-Hua Huang

> eJ8+IjABAQaQCAAEAAAAAAABAAEAAQeQBgAIAAAAtgMAAAAAAAC5AAEIgAcAGAAAAElQTS5NaWNy

Microsoft proprietory (obsolete) gibberish deleted.