Re: lynx-dev Question about download

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Question about download
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 06:59:43 -0400

On Tue, Jun 30, 1998 at 11:05:34PM -0400, Dr. Juan-Carlos Lerman wrote:
> Reply to message from address@hidden of Tue, 30 Jun
> >On Mon, Jun 29, 1998 at 11:21:41PM -0400, address@hidden wrote:
>
> if the host yfn is youngston freenet most probably the
> members neither have access to the lynx.cfg file nor can
> upgrade lynx version at will: most libraries and freenet
> accounts are running lynx versions about 2 yrs old

True, but too bad for those customers who are missing the latest
features!

> >> Sometimes i want to download files from lynx but it always ask to
> >> use Kermit and i don't have kermit i have x modem z modem etc... what
> >> do i do?
> >You need to change your lynx.cfg file to have different....
> >Upgrading your Lynx to 2.8 would be a good idea as well.....
> you can get a free kermit for DOS from Columbia University
> and perhaps also from your local university computer center

The kermit web page is:

   Linkname: The Kermit Project - Columbia University

However, Kermit is not free for W95 users, so this may be an issue for
some people. Other terminal programs support the Kermit protocol, some
better than others. For W95 users, I recommend TeraTerm, available in
English, Japanese and Russian.

The teraterm home page is:

   Linkname: Tera Term Home Page

Marvin the Paranoid Android.