Re: lynx-dev Fatal Error with Signal 291

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Fatal Error with Signal 291
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 1998 10:43:46 -0400 (EDT)

> On Fri, 26 Jun 1998, Erich Becker wrote:
>
> > I'm using Lynx386 dev.16 under DOS 6.22. The fatal error occurs, when
> > I access http://www.hotmail.com, but only when VERBOSE_IMAGES is set
> > to TRUE in lynx.cfg. I never encountered this error with other links.
> > Also the above page loads correctly, when this option is set to FALSE.
>
> I reported this problem to the list on May 9th, but no one seems to have
> found the fix. There are multiple sites where having VERBOSE_IMAGES on
> leads to a core dump. See
probably - but I could not reproduce it.  (I have fixes for 2 unrelated
core dumps in my current patch, and have noticed a problem parsing a site
that I went to recently which I'll try to fix -- www.lynxsys.com download --
though the html works fine locally).  But for core dumps, about all I can
suggest is that when you see one, debug it (I'll take a look at each one
when it's reported, but if it doesn't break for me, there's not much I can
do with it).

I'm about 80% through my current (dev.18) patch, will probably put it on
my ftp area tonight (sol.slcc.edu is still down).  Saw your patch, will
try to integrate that at the same time.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden