Re: lynx-dev can't access lynx/current/

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev can't access lynx/current/
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 05:52:03 -0400 (EDT)

> 980706 Lin Fang wrote:
> > 980702 Laura Eaves wrote:
> >> I can access http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/release/
> >> but not http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/current/
> >                 ^^^
> there have been several messages in the last few days about this problem.
right - Scott indicated that he would have to rebuild the machine from
backups.  Last week was short for many people here, and I don't suppose
rebuilding is fast.

In the meantime, I'll prepare patches and make them available on my own
ftp area.  The patch that would have been dev.18 is at

http://www.clark.net/pub/dickey/lynx/patches/lynx2.8.1dev.17d.patch.gz

While getting feedback on that, I'm (as usual) working on other projects
until I'm ready to work on dev.19; though if Scott's machine is down for a
prolonged period we should discuss how to proceed.  (My ftp account is always
over quota, so I'd rather that Lynx is on someone else's disks).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden