lynx-dev Telnet Problem with Win32 Lynx

From: Keith Russell
Subject: lynx-dev Telnet Problem with Win32 Lynx
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 11:25:17 -0600

I downloaded lynx_32.zip and installed it at a customer NT site (version
2.8.1dev.16). It runs fine locally, and also if we connect through PC
Anywhere or through a third-party telnet client.

However, the customer is running Ardent's UniVerse DBMS with Ardent's
telnet server software. When we try to run Lynx through Ardent's telnet
server, we get the following error message, and Lynx will not run:

initscr():LINES=0 COLS=0:too small

Ardent says the problem is in Lynx and not in their software. I searched
the Lynx-Dev archives back to January '97 and could not find a mention
of this problem. Has anyone else come across it?

I'm quite frustrated at this point, because we are trying to solve a
unique problem for this high-profile customer, and we thought we had
finally found a solution in Lynx. And now it won't run....

Keith Russell