Re: lynx-dev Scripting LYNX to follow links

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Scripting LYNX to follow links
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 15:24:19 -0400 (EDT)

980707 Ron Todd wrote (in summary):
> I want the generic capability of being able to navigate web pages
> (and fill in forms) from a script without knowing the underlying URL
> of a link apriori. I don't need keystroke recording, only replay.
> I want to drive lynx from a shell script or C program
> that programatically generates the keystrokes for my lynx script,
> based on my program's analysis of each page that I print to a file.

forms present an extra challenge, but you could get somewhere
using  -source  to get the HTML into your file,
then have your script analyse that to find the anchors,
then call Lynx individually to goto those URLs, recursively.

have you looked into wget?  ftp://gnjilux.cc.fer.hr/pub/unix/util/wget/ .