Re: lynx-dev Info required

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Info required
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 12:50:10 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 7 Jul 1998, Jeff Wong wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Jul 1998, Stone Cold wrote:
>
> >  I would like to have some information about https urls or about secure
> > sites.Although I am a windows 95 user but at the same time i run a 386
> > computer too. But i cannot enter secure sites through Lynx. It  gives
> If that 386 is running some version of UNIX, check out
> http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~jeffwong/lynxstuff/SSL

If you are running lynx under DOS on your 386, I don't know if a SSL
solution has been done, although theoretically you could compile SSLeay
under DOS and recompile lynx with the SSL hooks. The simplest solution,
although not easy to set up, is to call into a unix shell account
where you run lynx and an eassl daemon. That is what I currently do.
If you don't have access to a shell account, you could try compiling
the SSL version of lynx under DOS. US export restrictions and patent
restrictions make it difficult to distribute a SSL version of lynx.
                           Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)