Re: lynx-dev Flow Chart

From: Liam Davis
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Flow Chart
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 23:53:49 +0100

In article <address@hidden>, David Combs
<address@hidden> writes
>Would be nice to see examples of ALL the outputs that
>SCA program can do.

SCA has quite a complicated Query language, so it is not really possible
to give such examples. [It is a bit like SQL.]

I have not explored the possibilities much, but the following
relationship functions exist:

CONTAINING, CONTAINED_BY
CALLING, CALLED_BY

Query results can be modified by various characteristics such as the
symbol attributes (e.g. variable, literal, routine) and domain (global
etc), as well as occurence (Declaration, reference, etc).

Query expressions can be combined using logical operators (OR, AND, NOT,
XOR).

Some possibilities are to find all occurrences of:
- symbols xxxx (wild-cards allowed)
- symbol declarations
- symbols that are routines
- variables that are read and/or written or neither
- all variables of type INT

Find routines that call "str*" routines directly, or indirectly.

Find all routines called by a module but only trace nested calls for
modules that are defined within the same module.

>And: what does that SCA program (or other programs) do
>with "cycles" and "strong components" in the call-graph,
>where a calls b calls c calls d calls b (making a cycle)?

I don't know - I haven't tried this (yet).

--
Liam Davis
address@hidden