lynx-dev e-mail?

From: John McFadden
Subject: lynx-dev e-mail?
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 20:57:40 -0600

I am a guy that loves a challenge!
My friend asked me if her Mac SE could get e-mail. I was able to get
system 7.5.0 installed and ppp,   tcp/ip  vs.2?
Anyway I was able to get dialed into my earthlink server, however if I
can get your browser to work..............there is a free e-mail server
for the mac platform the URL is
imaginemail.com
In their help page they claim that you can use LYNX 2.0. Does that mean
that this version 2.7.1b should also work?
I tried it on my Macintosh 8500 first and I could get to the site but
upon login a curious message would pop up "header not found,
re-directed" then it would ask me if I wished to save to disk. If I
answered yes the it would try to create a REALAUDIO file. If I
double-clicked I would launch real audio and get a type 11 error
message. Real audio works fine at other sites so............ I never was
able to get to the mail because once I hit the ENTER button this
scenario would play out again
Can you help me??????????

Do I need LYNX 2.0? Where can I get it?

I work with lots of poor people with very old macs (680x0-030) with
limited ram and $. I love this LYNX because it is a viable option for
these folks, PLEASE HELP.........

John McFadden

Ps

Set up an account for yourself it only takes a few min, use netscape to
do the set up and then try to get the mail w/LYNX.

Let me know what happens sometime!?