lynx-dev Lynx for Mac (was e-mail?)

From: Philip Webb
Subject: lynx-dev Lynx for Mac (was e-mail?)
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 22:48:27 -0400 (EDT)

980707 John McFadden wrote:
> My friend asked me if her Mac SE could get e-mail.
> I was able to get system 7.5.0 installed and ppp, tcp/ip vs.2?
> I was able to dial into my earthlink server
> there is a free e-mail server for the mac platform
> the URL is imaginemail.com
> In their help page they claim you can use LYNX 2.0.
> Does that mean this version 2.7.1b should also work?

Lynx 2-0 predates the Big Bang: the latest version is 2-8,
which you can (usually) get from  www.slcc.edu/lynx/release/ .
it should work on a Mac, but i have to leave details to others:
the URL for MacLynx is  www.lirmm.fr/~gutkneco/maclynx/ .

> I am a guy that loves a challenge!
> I work with lots of poor people with very old macs (680x0-030)
> with limited ram and $.
> I love this LYNX because it is a viable option for these folks.

you've certainly come to the right place for discussion:
lynx-dev is an international meeting-place for volunteer developers
& other interested users, most of whom will take on a challenge
& some of whom work with -- or are -- poor people.
you can subscribe by sending the message  subscribe lynx-dev
to  address@hidden  or see the Archive at  www.flora.org/lynx-dev/ .

depending on other replies, come back with your experiences or queries.