Re: address@hidden: lynx-dev caching after \ (was why reload etc?)]

From: Bela Lubkin
Subject: Re: address@hidden: lynx-dev caching after \ (was why reload etc?)]
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 23:57:21 -0700

Stephane Payrard wrote:

> > (1) should Lynx cache ALL source files?
>
> definitively No!

Not definitively.  For my uses, I want exactly that: Lynx to cache all
HTML source files.  I know that other people have other needs, so I want
to see a flexible design which allows all kinds of caches to be turned
off at will.

I use Lynx on about a dozen systems, many of which are poorly connected
and I'm not root.  They don't have local proxies and I can't install
one.  I would benefit greatly if Lynx had a simple internal cache of
HTML sources -- and not just of the most recent page.  A cache of just
the most recent page would also help me, but not as much; and I think it
would be *more* difficult to implement, more of a kludge, less elegant.