Re: lynx-dev No problem.

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: Re: lynx-dev No problem.
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 07:11:25 -0400

From: Philip Webb <address@hidden>

> 980704 Keith Reedy wrote:
> > I just wanted to say thanks for lynx.
> > It has been a great help to me.
> > I have never heard of a cost for lynx,
> > but I would be willing to help with the cost of keeping this program going.
> > You folks have been a great deal of help to me.
> > Thank you again.

> Lynx is freeware, released under a GNU licence:
> all development is by volunteers & all use is free of charge.

Philip is technically correct.  However, what folks CAN do is help with
the cost is to take on a task just as Philip has done.  If you can program,
then take a look at the to do lists (is there a current one around?) and
take on a small project.  If you cannot, then perhaps you can spell check
some of the code, or enhance the man page, or at least write up new text
that can then be added to the man page.  Submit updates
on updated URLs regarding lynx , etc.