lynx-dev caching after \ (was 2 threads)

From: Philip Webb
Subject: lynx-dev caching after \ (was 2 threads)
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 18:46:56 -0400 (EDT)

980709 Bela Lubkin wrote: T.E.Dickey wrote: someone wrote:
>>> that would also avoid loading again the file when toggling with '\'
>> and also when telling it to re-render with ^R.

according to  k ,  ^r  =  `reload current document':
that's NOT the same thing as `re-render' (see below).

> changing image handling with '*' or '[';
> changing charset options with Options or '@';
> changing links-are-numbered status;
> toggling renderers with ^V;
> toggling comment processing with ` or ';
> toggling quote processing with ";
> -- have I missed anything?

yes: re-rendering after editing local source file.

> I would want Lynx to cache -- big snip --

Bela's suggestions are very sensible,
but i'm waiting till all comments seem to be in
before offering a summary as DE FACTO PRO TEM moderator ... (grin).

HOWEVER, there is a vital point re  ^r :
it is essential for all users to be able to tell Lynx
"Go & get this document again from the remote site";
i do this often, after  z  -apping a slow download
only to find i haven't got enough of the document.
so  ^r  must override ALL caching:
it should get the source & render it iff it is currently rendered;
to `re-render', simply enter  \  when the source is currently presented.