Re: lynx-dev lynx.cfg

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx.cfg
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 22:43:30 -0400 (EDT)

980712 Mike Castle wrote:
> Since we're now using configure, shouldn't we follow the guidelines?
> at least,  lynx.cfg  & all the help files etc should be moved
> out of  /lib  into  /share .

i have no comment on how this should be for system-wide use,
but -- again -- i have to point out that many of us compile Lynx
for our own personal use in our own subdirectories;
i encountered a problem getting at the help files with 2-8 ,
due to  configure's  assumptions about where to put them.
back in the Good Old Days, everyone was assumed to be a sysadmin,
but in these enlightened times of Win32 & DosLynx there's more variety.

> Life is like a clock: You can work constantly and be right all the time,
                                                       ^^^^^
> or not work at all and be right at least twice a day.

don't you mean `wrong' (just for the purpose of your proverb: smile)?