lynx-dev LYNX: "Append to local file": default file-name needed!

From: David Combs
Subject: lynx-dev LYNX: "Append to local file": default file-name needed!
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 04:05:38 -0700 (PDT)

I'm on Slate, reading an article.

(By the way, to log in, you MUST have "accepted" cookies,
else simply doesn't work)

So I want to save that article, for later reading,
and do "p" and save it to the "default" file
name (after backing up a few chars and appending
"-slate").

Then they say "more on same?" or some such, so I
do that, to see another article on the SAME subject.

Now, I want to append this article to the file
I just created.

So I say "p", and see that append has moved from 5 to
6, click it, and it wants me to just type in the
name to append to -- which I promptly FORGOT
after saving the first part of the article.

The only option is ^Z ls -lsAt | head, see what
it was, then type it in, after "fg".

Big Pain.

Any way to have lynx show the default name,
and maybe also (????) the ACTUAL lname
I had previously saved -- the one I backed up
on and appeneded "-slate" to.  THAT would be
really cool!

eg, another option on the "p" list to
"append to most recently 'printed-to' file".

Now, THAT would be NICE!

So the computer does the remembering -- something
computers can do EASILY and us getting-older humans
do only WITH DIFFICULTY.  :-)  (the only one of
these thingies that I have memorized!)

Thanks!

David