Re: lynx-dev lynx.cfg

From: Mike Castle
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx.cfg
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 19:09:26 -0500 (CDT)

Amazingly enough T.E.Dickey said:
> > Actually, I would prefer share/lynx, but I'm not sure how that fits into
> > the Grand Scheme Of Things (tm).
> for one file only - probably not a lot (except that the help-files also
> are platform-independent).

As a reformed sysadmin, I can say I would much prefer having everything in
share.  Lynx.cfg has always given me indigestion; so I've always gone
through a bit of effort to try to make the variety of machines share the
same config and help files.

While I can see how we could end up in the same trap as ncurses did (it
ending up being one of our biggest questions), perhaps a little tweaking in
the makefile to look for versions in the old location before doing a make
install would help alleviate the problem?

mrc
--
       Mike Castle       Life is like a clock:  You can work constantly
  address@hidden  and be right all the time, or not work at all