lynx-dev Form based options menu

From: Mike Castle
Subject: lynx-dev Form based options menu
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 00:20:18 -0500 (CDT)

Is anyone currently working on a forms based options menu?

I have the start of something in progress at the moment, but nothing ready
to release quite yet.

I should have something to release as a patch Friday night (I'm going to
work late tomorrow and a concert Wednesday night, so don't expect anything
before then).

Currently all I have implemented is changing the user level.  However,
filling in the rest of the normal options should be trivial (well, I have
to learn the appropriate HTML as I go along, so that's slowing me down).

The biggest problem is what to do with that bunch of code right after the
current call to option().

Basically, there's a BIG if statement that checks to see if any of the
items that got changed affect the current page.  Personally, I'm not
certain *why* that needs to be the case.  After all, if you continue to pop
pages with the new settings, you're most likely not going to be reloading
those from the server.  So why treat the current page special?

Anyway, just thought I would tease you all with this info.

And btw, the diff is going to be pretty big (just generating the
appropriate HTML code is a hell of a lot of lines).

Is it better to post to this list, or make it available via the web?

mrc
--
       Mike Castle       Life is like a clock:  You can work constantly
  address@hidden  and be right all the time, or not work at all