lynx-dev Re: Is Lynx the Browser I'm Looking For...

From: Al Gilman
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Is Lynx the Browser I'm Looking For...
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 14:03:21 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, Mark.

If you can formulate the search as an URL, you can use
lynx in batch with the -dump option and you will get
a print-formatted page of the search results in a file.

However, for non-interactive use you should look at
other options such as wget, too.

If you want to fill in the search form interactively
and then have a one-button action which executes the
query and disposes the results to a file, Lynx will not
do that for you directly and you may want to build on
some other techbase to create a program that will.

Al

Please send further Lynx queries to <address@hidden>.