Re: lynx-dev Options again

From: Jacob Poon
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Options again
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 15:55:17 -0400

On Wed, 15 Jul 1998, T.E.Dickey wrote:

> > Making the option setting work like HTML forms simplifies user training
> > and reduces user confusion, it is claimed.
> and implementing it in HTML forms probably reduces the coding clutter in
> Lynx, making it a little easier to modify.

I agree on easier coding.  If bookmarks, infopage, image maps, printing
options, download page are all HTML-based, why not options screen?  After
all, even the big 2 are switching to HTML-based (ok, JavaScript-based)
settings files and dialog constructs, Lynx can definitely be benefited
with HTML forms options screen.