lynx-dev LYNX: maybe 2-column output for wide screens?

From: David Combs
Subject: lynx-dev LYNX: maybe 2-column output for wide screens?
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 04:45:57 -0700 (PDT)

These 20-inch screens are getting cheaper, and with
us all getting older, they are easier to look at.

Now, I have my columns set to 132, which makes for
pretty wide lines.  The BENEFIT of that is that I get
a lot onto the screen at one time -- with a shell account,
that means less waiting for communication hangs when I
hit space for the next page -- I do that fewer times.

The DISADVANTAGE is that it takes longer to read super-wide
lines, in that when your eye jumps back to the left for the
next line, you sometimes have to spend some subconscious-maybe
effort FINDING that next line -- you might start reading the
SAME line again...

Now, with emacs on this wide screen, I use follow.el (follow-mode)
and C-x 3 to give myself two columns on the screen, with roughly
78 columns on each side.  I really like this method.

Question: what about two columns for lynx?

would anyone other than myself like it?

David