Re: lynx-dev LYNX: maybe 2-column output for wide screens?

From: Mike Castle
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX: maybe 2-column output for wide screens?
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 19:17:30 -0500 (CDT)

Amazingly enough Rob Partington said:
> > Question: what about two columns for lynx?
> > would anyone other than myself like it?
>
> Yes, but...  I don't see that it's something that should be in Lynx.
>
> It should be an external program, like screen or splitvt, that handles
> this kind of thing.  No hacking of the lynx source code, everyone
> with big screens benefits for every program, and it's optional.  :->

The thing is, this would not suit the situation stated in the original
post.

He runs lynx on the remote system.  The time delay is in shooting back a
new screen full of data after updating the screen.

Using screen or vt100 would have to be done on the remote end, and so you
still have the "wait for screen to update" problem.

mrc
--
       Mike Castle       Life is like a clock:  You can work constantly
  address@hidden  and be right all the time, or not work at all