Re: lynx-dev editing forms (was forms)

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev editing forms (was forms)
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 08:31:48 +0100 (BST)

> if there is a simple way to deny anonymous users access to the editor,
> then there is no problem, but if it's not straightforward & we have to choose,

The real point is that the danger is that they will get the choice between
a the current internal functionality and full functionality with an external
editor, rather than have the internal functions brought up to HTML 4.0 because
the external solution solves the problem for the author of the change.

To do the job properly, you must solve the form scrolling problem internally,
then you can worry about providing external editor support as well.