lynx-dev LYNX: need to search BACKWARDS (ie UPWARDS)

From: David Combs
Subject: lynx-dev LYNX: need to search BACKWARDS (ie UPWARDS)
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 14:39:49 -0700 (PDT)

I'm reading nando news on the big bicycle race; I followed
a link to a special page about the race; and from there
yet another link to ALL their articles on this race.

I want to read up on all the articles on their drug "scandal";
so I "/drug", and all articles about it light up.  Fine, so far.

Except that these articles are in REVERSE chronological order, BUT
it is MY desire to read these articles in CHRONOLOGICAL order,
ie going through the marked (lit) articles, starting at the
FINAL one, at the BOTTOM of the html page, working UPWARDS.

Now, I suppose I could do a "L", print that to a file
(hell, probably not allowed to do that!), somehow find out
which of those dealt with the drug scandal (not simple! -- I have
no idea how to do that!)l, then invert the file, and turn it into
a bookmarks-like file, and proceed through that.

All this simply because Lynx doesn't have a backwards search!

SUGGESTION: remap "?" to be "upwards search" (you know, this IS a
unix-derived product!, and what unix user doesn't know SOMETHING
about VI?) (and, we also have vikeys, the only reasonable way to
USE lynx! -- no, that is not just my opinion, but a hard FACT
:-) ).

(yes, if you must know, I AM "feeling my oats" today...)