lynx-dev LYNX: A really neat idea: able to VI-edit page of links:

From: David Combs
Subject: lynx-dev LYNX: A really neat idea: able to VI-edit page of links:
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 15:05:00 -0700 (PDT)

Here is part of the web-page I am looking at.  (Yes, I realize
that by happenstance the "names" with their links are nicely
listed one per line:

                      Tour de France News (p1 of 3)
     [18]Cipollini wins fifth stage; O'Grady keeps yellow jersey

     [19]Festina director suspended over drugs scandal

     [20]Blijlevens takes sprint, O'Grady dons yellow jersey

     [21]Festina doctor says he's innocent

Jul 15 1998

     [22]Blijlevens takes sprint, O'Grady dons yellow jersey

     [23]Tour de France at a glance

     [24]Police keep Festina chief in custody

     [25]O'Grady honors teammate Boardman with overall lead

     [26]Tour can't shake 30-year history of doping scandals

     [27]Police interview Festina team chief Roussel

     [28]Blijlevens takes sprint, O'Grady dons yellow jersey

     [29]Hincapie looks for two seconds

     [30]Doctor claims drug taking is norm in cycling

Jul 14 1998

     [31]Bastille Day almost true to form at Tour

     [32]Festina 'stunned' by trainer's charges

     [33]Festina trainer changes story, says drugs were for team

     [34]Girl's plight puts Boardman's injuries in perspective

     [35]Heppner wins stage; Hamburger takes overall lead

     [36]Hamburger takes yellow jersey

     [37]Boardman released from hospital

     [38]Masseur says he was following Festina orders

Jul 13 1998

     [39]Svorada and Zabel ecstatic, Boardman in agony as Tour departs Ireland

     [40]Zabel wears long-awaited yellow jersey

     [41]Svorada and Zabel ecstatic as Tour leaves Ireland

     [42]Tour de France second stage at a glance

     [43]CYCLING: Boardman taken to hospital

     [44]Boardman crashes; Svorada wins final Irish stage

Now, the EFFECT that I would like would be to egrep -v
'^jul|drug' this thing, and keep the result
, and then "click", one by one, on THOSE.

Here's something else that might be nice: is there
some way to associate the text string, ie the "label",
for each of the vi-numbered links?  (I know nothing
about html; I merely use lynx, and LOVE it).

If so, then maybe the "L" report can have those labels
appended to the right of each link on that report;
after all, those are listed via "L" one per line,
IDEAL for the egrep or vi ":v/drug/d" trick.

(except you use the nice "Jul 13 1968" heading stuff,
but you can't have everything!)

---

Any comments?

David