Re: lynx-dev Patch to 2.8rel2 to accept all cookies

From: Rob Partington
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Patch to 2.8rel2 to accept all cookies
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 1998 14:16:56 +0100 (BST)

> Hmm, that'd be pretty nice too. I'm not sure how the work is coming along
> on adding persistent cookies in the dev releases (alas, I think my new
> WD drive is a little flaky and is munging inodes left and right, but we'll
> see if playing with hdparm helped), so I'm not sure if I'd be duplicating
> other people's work if I started hacking on that.

I expect you'll be duplicating mine.  If you want to, go ahead, I have
no problem with that.  From the comments (or lack of them) I've had
about the persistent cookie support, it doesn't seem like there's enough
interest to warrant developing them most of the time.  Still, work is
progressing, but at the "It's something I want" rate, rather than the
"It's something people want" rate.

Work on allowing the user to specify which sites to always allow/reject
is also underway, but at the same rate as above.

--
rob partington    personal: <URL: mailto:address@hidden >
  programmer     lynx mail: <URL: mailto:address@hidden >