Re: lynx-dev Patch to 2.8rel2 to accept all cookies

From: Matthew Kelly
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Patch to 2.8rel2 to accept all cookies
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 09:40:24 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 19 Jul 1998, David Woolley wrote:
> > send_cookies : YES / NO / TO_ORIGINATING_SITE
>
> What's the difference between YES and TO_ORIGINATING_SITE - Cookies should
> never be sent anywhere else.

Netscape has a cookie setting

'only accept cookies originating from the same server as the page being
viewed.'

I guess thats what I meant..

> One general point, can we make sure we don't follow MSIE and trick people into
> accepting cookies by defaulting to quietly accept and hiding the disable
> option on an obscure (advanced) options menu.  I suspect IE5 may quietly
> drop the override entirely.  At the risk of having to say RTFM more often,
> the default must be to prompt.

A default should be 'prompt' for sure ... I think a nice warning message
after accepting 'always accept' as a default ... warning: all cookies
accepted, no prompting or something like that would handle it.

Matt

Matthew Kelly
address@hidden