lynx-dev Call for text-based browser URL's

From: Michael Warner
Subject: lynx-dev Call for text-based browser URL's
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 20:55:30 -0700

There's a new search engine/site at:

http://www.newhoo.com/

that uses volunteer category editors, of which I have become
one.

The specific page I'm foster-parenting is:

http://www.newhoo.com/Computers/Software/Internet/Browsers/Text-Based/

I'm also listed as editor for the parent .../Browser/ page,
but only because I had to volunteer for that before I could
get the .../Text-Based/ category added.

Anyway, feel free to check it out and offer criticism,
suggestions, and/or URL's.  My idea is to keep the page
fairly compact and topic-oriented, rather than listing every
text-browser URL in existence.  I haven't taken the time yet to
go through my bookmarks and the archives to dig out sites, so
right now it's *really* simple and compact.

I'd especially like to solicit non-lynx text-browser sites.
There are text browsers other than lynx, right?

Also, though I don't plan to spend much time on the
.../Browsers/ parent page, feel free to submit relevant
URL's there, too, and I'll stick 'em in.

Thanks,

PS I just hung another category off the /Browser/ page -
Accessibility.  I figure that can serve for UA's, helper apps,
page-authoring, BOBBY, et al, at least until a better-placed or
more appropriate category turns up.

--
Michael Warner
<address@hidden>