Re: lynx-dev lynx -lss option bad [BSDI-Support-Request #53069]

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx -lss option bad [BSDI-Support-Request #53069]
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 09:06:38 +0100 (BST)

> That reminds me.  I'm going to start reading the availible docs on XML
> to try to get a user-level understanding of it, just so I can get a
> picture in my head of what if anything needs to happen to Lynx to
> support XML, and to what extent XML support is possible in a
> character-cell browser (without page-author cooperation).  I'll report

There is really nothing in the sort of XML one is likely to encounter -
all the complexity is in the style sheets, and a proper style sheet
implementation would have the same complexity for HTML - to a first
approximation XML is HTML with the class attribute value moved to the
tag name and all styles made explicit, so the rendering problem is about
the same as that of general use of class selectors in HTML.