Re: lynx-dev about frame support

From: mattack
Subject: Re: lynx-dev about frame support
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 11:54:43 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 23 Jul 1998, Tam Wai Lok wrote:
>Do the latest version of lynx support frame and java script?

It does not support JavaScript in any way.  (If you would like to put in
support, many people would be grateful!)

Compared with a GUI web browser, Lynx doesn't support frames.

However, Lynx does support frames as completely separate links. In other
words, you can "zoom into" each separate frame manually, and use web pages
that use frames that way.

It is certainly not a very fun way to use web pages, but I view it as being
a lot better than *no* frame support at all, because I can still use some
web sites with Lynx that I would be unable to use (with Lynx) otherwise.