Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.7: Way to Make Denying Cookies Automatic w/o Command

From: mattack
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.7: Way to Make Denying Cookies Automatic w/o Command Line Switch?
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 11:57:55 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 23 Jul 1998, Mike Harris wrote:
>Is there a way to permanently deny all cookies?  Yes, I know that I can type
>"lynx -cookies" every time I start up.  Is there a way to somehow configure
>Lynx so that I can simply type "lynx" at the command line and it will still
>deny cookies?  It's a bit annoying to, every site I go to, have to answer "N"
>or "Y" to respond to the cookie question before loading the page.

You could recompile Lynx without the cookie support.

You don't state which operating system you are running Lynx on.

If you are running it from some command-line interface, like Unix or DOS, or
some other shell, you can just make an alias.

For UNIX, edit the file in your home directory called ".alias" (without quotes)
and put the following line in there:
alias lynx "lynx -cookies"

That line is _WITH_ quotes.

Then, after you reconnect to the shell, or have the alias file sourced again,
you can type just "lynx" and it will always have the -cookies option.