Re: lynx-dev Problem with lynx 2.8

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Problem with lynx 2.8
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 21:45:17 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 24 Jul 1998 address@hidden wrote:

> my users complains that he is having a problem with the following URL:
>
> http://domino.watson.ibm.com/resumes/IBM+Research+Resume+Web+Form.htm
>
> If I use lynx 2.7, near the bottom of the page, it says:
>
>  * Please "Cut and Paste" your resume below in ASCII format:
>
> and then there are about 20 blank lines in which you can put your resume.
> If I use lynx 2.8, all of the blank lines are completely missing.

I am not a html expert, so I can't tell you exactly what the problem is,
but note the message from lynx that this site has bad html. The current
version has two different parsers, to deal with the variety of bad html
out there. For this site, use the TagSoup parser. Just use ^V to switch
parsers.
                               Doug
__
Doug Kaufman