Re: lynx-dev INFO: bug in LYNX 2.8.1

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev INFO: bug in LYNX 2.8.1
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 11:15:44 -0400 (EDT)

> There is a bug in the 'getchar' routines in the LYStrings.c
> from the current development release of LYNX.
>
> When I compile the LYNX 2.8.1 on a Silicon Graphics system,
> running IRIX 6.4 the compilation goes well.  But when I
> use a terminal type 'TERM=iris-ansi' (which is default on
> SGI terminals), the '<ENTER>' key does not work anymore ...
>
> It works when I use 'TERM=vt100' tho ... (this problem did
> not occur in previous releases of LYNX).
I need a little more information to see this problem - which curses
library, and which terminal emulator, e.g., is this with xterm, or with
xwsh?

I see iris-ansi uses \EOM for the enter key, while vt100's description says
it uses ^M.  Either is plausible, depending on how the terminal is set up -
but it has to be consistent.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden