Re: lynx-dev Getting Pine to load lynx

From: Michael Warner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Getting Pine to load lynx
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 16:29:23 -0700

On Mon, Jul 27, 1998, Roger Hill <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Jul 1998, C.J.LAWSON wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >     Please has anyone been able to configure pine to fire up lynx (in
> > text mode) for viewing html attachments? .. I am sure this should be
> > pretty straightforward but for some reason it isn't this end
> For Pine 3.96 and 3.95 add the following line to /etc/mailcap:
>
> text/html; lynx -force_html -cfg=/usr/local/lib/lynx.cfg %s;needsterminal

...and if you don't have write privileges to modify /etc/mailcap,
you can do the same thing in a .mailcap file in your home
directory.  Also, I believe Roger's line as written will
force use of the system lynx.cfg, instead of your own (if
you have one).  As long as the path is valid it shouldn't
cause any major problems, but you might want to be aware of
it.

--
Michael Warner
<address@hidden>