lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.1dev-17 problem

From: Spirilis
Subject: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.1dev-17 problem
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 21:51:14 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,
    I have experience a rather [annoying] effect with Lynx 2.8.1-dev-17 where
while viewing a document in Lynx which is currently downloading, (viewing it
via the PARTIAL:ON feature), to scroll up/down I sometimes have to press
another key after the key I press for the first key to take effect.
For instance, I'm on page 1, and I want to get to page 2.
I press SPACEBAR
Nothing happens.
I press SPACEBAR again
I scroll two pages down to page 3
Then I hit 'b' to scroll back up, and it does it correctly.
Same happens in the other direction.  I usually have to hit 'b' two times and
then <SPACEBAR> once to get to the last page where I want to go.
Usually after I do that, it clears up and I only have to hit a key twice for
it to take effect--until I switch virtual terminals and go back.
Same happens with every key--including 'z', for example.

Linux kernel 2.1.111pre-1
80486 8MB RAM 122MB HD Slackware 3.4
libc-5.4.46, libncurses-4.2
On the Linux console