Re: lynx-dev --enable-persistent-cookies, Re: 2.8.1dev.18.patch.gz

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev --enable-persistent-cookies, Re: 2.8.1dev.18.patch.gz
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 05:39:19 -0400 (EDT)

> T.E.Dickey wrote:
>
> > * add RP's experimental persistent-cookie support, and configure option
> >   --enable-persistent-cookies, ifdef'd with EXP_PERSISTENT_COOKIES - TD
>
> On SCO OpenServer Release 5.0.0, I have a compilation and a link problem
> with this.  At compile time:
>
>         cc -O3 -Kspace -DHAVE_CONFIG_H   -I.  -I..  -Ichrtrans -I./chrtrans
> -I..  -I../src -I../WWW/Library/Implementation   -belf  -c ./LYCookie.c
> "./LYCookie.c", line 1850: error: non-constant initializer: op "U&"
ok - I didn't spot that one.

> Then I get a link error because my libc doesn't have strsep().  There's
> a comment:
>
>          * 'fixed' by using strsep instead of strtok.  No idea
>          * what kind of platform problems this might introduce. - RP
>
> ... the kind where some systems have it and some don't.  I don't
> understand what's being fixed by strsep() vs. strtok(), so can't propose
> a concrete solution.  Abstractly: either make do with strtok() or
> provide a strsep.c and an appropriate test in configure...
That was why I ifdef'd the code.  Here's what the manpage says

NOTES
       The  strsep() function was introduced as a replacement for
       strtok(), since the latter  cannot  handle  empty  fields.
       (However,  strtok()  conforms  to ANSI-C and hence is more
       portable.)

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden