Re: lynx-dev help on EXTERNAL

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev help on EXTERNAL
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 16:15:37 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 29 Jul 1998, jaydeep desai wrote:

> I wanted to invoke external programs like wget with "." key. I
> recompiled Lynx code with following definitions in userdefs.h file:

Did you do "./configure --enable-externs" (in addition to the other
configuration options)? The userdefs.h lines don't deal with programs
accessed via the EXTERNAL mechanism, but both pose potential security
risks.

> EXTERNAL:test:wget %s:TRUE

This needs to be:
EXTERNAL:ftp:wget %s:TRUE
EXTERNAL:http:wget %s:TRUE
or whatever URL type that you wish to retrieve with the external
program. You may want to add a "&" after the %s to allow downloading in
the background.
                            Doug

__
Doug Kaufman