Re: lynx-dev 2-8 bug with `n'

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 2-8 bug with `n'
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 05:23:25 -0400 (EDT)

> 980504 Thomas Dickey wrote:
> > 980503 Philip Webb wrote:
> >> there's still the bug in the effect of  n ,
> >> which fails to find & place the next string occurrence accurately.
> i've now got around to extracting the  4  sections of code ( 11 pp )
> & will see what i can make of them: there are some comments by FM & KW.
ok - I can offer advice, but not much more.

> BTW is there any logic to how functions are placed in files in  /src
> or did they just growed?  might it be useful to break up longer files?
Mostly they just grew.  The only ones that are really problems are
GridText.c and LYMainLoop.c, because the long (~5000 lines) procedures
strains many compilers.  It's awkward to break those up because of the
number of global variables each chunk uses.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden